Placeholder notes from intake meeting
- This position creates an OCIO (Outsourced Chief Investment Officer) function for FI
- OCIO is focused on smaller institutional investors (roughly below $500M or $100M …the floor is probably $10MM, although unknown today).
- We are more interested in the smaller end of the market, which is underserved today.
- Smaller institutional investors do not have a deep enough investment staff to effectively manage a portfolio, so they hire an OCIO firm to outside their responsibilities, such as:
- Investment policy statement
- Help with asset allocation
- Hire/fire investment managers
- Fiduciary to the portfolio
- We need help to create this solution offering at FI. We need an experienced candidate who knows what it takes to bring this solution to market.
- Ex: we’ll likely offer a simplified portfolio (of equity and fixed income …vs. a wealth of alternative investments), however, we’ll look to their expertise/guidance to define.
- They will help define our capabilities
- We may need them to design and build the function before we can really bring this product to market