It’s an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we’re investing heavily in the future of our firm’s technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse businesses, and we’re excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our Technology team.
The Team Leader – Storage and Data Center Operations position will be responsible for supervising daily operations of a Core Infrastructure Team. This position can sit in our Camas, WA, (near Portland, OR) office, our San Mateo, CA, (near San Francisco, CA) office, or our Plano, TX, (near Dallas, TX) office. This will be a direct hire opportunity.
The successful candidate will manage daily operations of a technical team, setting goals and priorities, managing projects and tasks, setting service level agreements and insuring the team delivers their services to meet and exceed customer expectations.
The candidate will insure that the team tracks issues, leverages problem resolution techniques, maintain documentation of procedures and ensuring adequate staffing coverage. In addition, this role will develop service level metrics for delivery, problem escalation/resolution processes and performance monitoring. The candidate will ensure all functions and processes are implemented and operated properly and meet SLAs.
The candidate will also lead and be responsible for establishing and operating Fisher Investments’ Network Operations Center, including establishing staffing model, appropriate coverage, insuring SOPs, tools and processes are in place and are adhered to enabling 24x7x365 monitoring of all Fisher Investments systems, applications, services and locations.
The ability to work a flexible off-hours schedule for planned and unplanned maintenance is required.
- Provide daily direction to team members. Ensures adequate staffing coverage. Resolves escalated issues. Makes recommendations on hire/fire decisions
- Provide Leadership with high-level planning regarding the overall support structure of the unit
- Works with Leadership on the development of mission, services, and quarterly objectives with input from staff, customers, management and other IT groups
- Manage the efficient day-to-day operations and maintenance of the IT services leveraging ITIL principles and industry best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effective and efficient service delivery
- Stays current on Core Infrastructure and Cloud Technologies and support new ideas and techniques always looking for ways to make improvements
- Monitor all key aspects of infrastructure including network, telecom system, application availability, performance, service levels, as well as working with key stakeholders to insure monitoring and alerting is always properly instrumented and calibrated
- Adhere to predefined SLAs and provides reporting to executive team. Works on insuring all preventative measures are implemented to insure system stability, uptime and normal operation
- Responsible for overseeing:
- Installation and maintenance of storage equipment, management of disk arrays and tape drives, SAN fabric
- Protection of technology assets through staff planning, coordinating testing, and through strong partnership and coordination with business continuity planning team
- Implementation of necessary backup and recovery technologies, systems and services through developing and maintaining associated processes and SOPs
- Design of effective and efficient technical risk mitigation processes, systems, and resourcing designs based on business continuity driven requirements
- Assist Leadership in developing individual performance metrics, annual objectives and goals, and provide input on performance reviews. Ensure that all staff members receive adequate technical and interpersonal training
- Oversee the management of issues including incident definition, tracking, escalation, resolution and closure
- Monitor incidents to ensure prompt, efficient response and resolution by the support analysts
- Monitor employee/customer satisfaction regularly and address dissatisfaction issues quickly with Leadership
- Recommend, document and implement processes to improve the operation of the unit and ensure superior customer service to our clients
- Deliver effective problem solving with an analytical mindset and taking end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve problems, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking proactive actions and optimizations.
- Leveraging data, metric and KPIs, identify the areas for improvements proactively and lead the effort in standardizing the processes and procedures, streamlining, enhancing, and making processes superior and simple.
- Provision maintain, and test all physical equipment as well as controlling physical access to data center equipment at any on premise locations
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance and monitoring of data center facilities including: routine system power monitoring, environmental systems, fire suppression, and physical capacity (racks, physical, power, cooling, port, cabling)
- Lead space planning and assessment management for new data centers or locations
- Take control of the Infrastructure environment end-to-end to effectively monitor, manage the reliability and stability of the products and solutions deployed for each service with proactive tuning and improvements
- Maintain up to date capacity related data as well as projections for available space, power, cooling, storage capacity to insure proper mitigation is implemented proactively with proper planning, budgeting and execution timelines
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Must have 15+ years’ experience in Technology, including 7-10 years in Infrastructure and Operations, managing large datacenters and enterprise storage environments
- Experience with Cloud and Hybrid models preferred
- Strong Organization, Management and Conceptual Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Storage, datacenter Capacity Planning and Management, Enterprise Backup and Recovery solutions.
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Expert knowledge of monitoring technology environments and solving availability, performance, and service level incidents
- Demonstrated success in decision making, conflict resolution, communication and negotiation/influence skills
- Outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and a willingness to lend a hand with any project
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER