Fisher Investments is growing internationally, and we are looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to join our team to drive future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. You will play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse departments by building relationships with stakeholders, while consulting and managing a full range of controls with the Technology teams at an enterprise level.
As the Cloud Solution Architect (Infrastructure), you will play a strategic and technical role responsible for enabling the Fisher Investments Cloud components including adaption of cloud computing principles. You will oversee adoption of public cloud services and support creation of sustainable/fit for purpose infrastructure architecture aligned to Fisher Investments standards and information security controls and guidelines.
You will utilize a broad knowledge of key technologies and associated principles allowing you to construct efficient, secure, scalable and resilient technical solutions grounded in end user and business requirements. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for deployment and management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Plan, Design, Engineer and Lead the architecture and implementation of cloud solutions with appropriate technologies and capabilities to meet the business requirements
- Understand in-depth the cloud technology trends, emerging new ideas, options and solutions available on how to evolve the capabilities and utilization within the firm to address the evolving operating model
- Proactively and continuously investigate, monitor the current-state cloud usage, solutions in use, to identify gaps, limitations and come up with the required solutions and remediation's
- Design and implement mission-critical cloud platform and services that are scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, with multi-region deployment models
- Lead creation of cloud focused standards, building blocks and patterns to insure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable and resilient
- Lead and collaborate with other enterprise architects, application architects and security architects to deliver a solid and secure IaaS and PaaS platform in Azure
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls and thorough documentation
- Lead and Provide subject matter experience, thought leadership expertise on cloud solutions as well as knowledge transfer and mentoring other team members
- 10+ years experience in IT Infrastructure cross-platform technology areas showing design and build expertise
- 5+ years in developing, architecting and building Azure Cloud services with best practices, blueprints, patterns, high-availability and multi-region disaster recovery
- Expertise in leading Azure reference architecture activities like solution designing, proof of concepts, including roadmaps driving the target architecture
- Knowledge in integrating Azure with on-prem services like AD, DNS, Firewalls, and load balancers with proper integration patterns and architectures
- Expertise with Cloud Infrastructure Security, IAM, Networking, Data Security and leveraging the right solutions in these areas is required
- Experience with API integration, automation, configuration management, Monitoring, ensuring security and compliance are thorough in all cloud services implementation
- Experience in Agile methodologies, DevOps model and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) processes and to support CI/CD initiatives is required
- Experience in architecting cloud solutions to address industry regulations like PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR required
- Azure Solutions Architect Certification and other Azure certifications preferred
Why Fisher Investments:
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don’t come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we’re proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it’s our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we’re Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it’s not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service—our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
* California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER