Fisher Investments is growing and we are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team and drive future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. You will play a foundational role in supporting our firm’s diverse departments by building relationships with stakeholders, while consulting and managing a full range of controls with the Technology teams at an enterprise level.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will consult and provide input on business process improvements and provide guidance and oversight of IT policies, procedures, tools, security controls and infrastructure. You will also conduct research and Proof of Concept activities and have the opportunity to provide recommendations for emerging technologies, techniques and tools that will add value increasing efficiency while continuously improving service quality.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Design, implement and manage scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure as well as automation tooling for routine operation tasks
- Participate in team activities such as peer code reviews, design collaboration efforts and rotating on-call process
- Leverage Automation, Configuration Management and Deployment tools to deliver cloud based solutions
- Partner with Solution Architects and business partners to confirm developed solutions align with existing standards, meet security controls and meet cloud computing best practices
- Develop tooling and associated processes to drive automation, efficiency, consistency and adherence to security and audit requirements and controls
- Manage implementation and the ongoing operation of cloud services as per approved designs, adherence to patterns, security requirements and certify all logging and monitoring are active for security and compliance
- Investigate and monitor current-state cloud usage, solutions in use, risks, gaps, limitations and recommend solutions, optimizations and remediation
- Maintain comprehensive and systematic configuration, lifecycle and security management of servers
- Ensure Cloud services and toolsets are deployed with best practices, standards and thorough documentation
- Confirm that required operational, performance, capacity, security and other required metrics, reports and dashboards are created and reviewed
- Investigate and implement process improvements, to enhance the reliability, stability and security of services and toolsets deployed in Azure
- 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure cross platform technology areas, preferably with implementing and maintaining expertise
- 5+ years of experience in building, deploying and managing Azure IaaS and PaaS Cloud services including: best practices, blueprints, patterns, high availability and multi-region disaster recovery
- Hands-on operating experience with Azure native services and technologies (e.g. Azure AD, DNS, Virtual Machines, VM extensions, VNets, VPN gateway, Traffic Manager, Load Balancer, Identity/RBAC, Key Vault, Blob storage and Monitoring)
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining an automated cloud infrastructure across Prod and Non-Prod environments
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and solving issues involving cloud services and toolsets in Azure
- Python and/or other tools for automation of builds, workflows, tasks and other integration aspects
- Microsoft Windows server administration
- Configuration management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) toolsets including: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- AzureRM, PowerShell and Azure CLI toolsets
- Hands-on experience with deploying cloud technologies on Azure PaaS (e.g. containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and Serverless solutions)
- Experience in Agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines and using Azure DevOps or tools (e.g. GitHub, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with operating and maintaining cloud solutions to address industry regulations including: PCI, SOX, HIPAA and GDPR
- Azure DevOps Engineer Certification
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
- California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER