Enterprise Architect (Cloud Platforms)
Are you looking to join a global technology department for an industry-leading financial advisory firm? Fisher Investments is looking for motivated technologists to support our growing business. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference as we develop scalable solutions to support our global growth, we want to hear from you!
As the Enterprise Architect, you will plan portions of the enterprise architecture environment and promote architectural principles and standards. You will guide solution, technical, and business architects throughout the organization to evaluate current and future technology solutions while planning, designing, and coordinating multi-year roadmaps for key applications and support activities.
You will also survey the technology landscape to identify solutions and systems to be implemented at Fisher Investments. You will help align Fisher’s enterprise priorities to architecture design, and guide the evolution of the current architecture environment to support future capabilities, capacity and scalability.
- Determine the architecture (cloud, on premise, and hybrid), products, and vendors to be used for programs across the enterprise and ensure they satisfy our business and technology needs
- Lead the creation and application of cloud-focused principles and standards to guarantee a scalable, flexible, resilient, and secure environment for Fisher
- Create business architecture models that reflect our strategies and goals
- Evaluate business needs and desired outcomes, design multi-year roadmaps, and build implementation capabilities with Business and Technology teams
- Work with other Enterprise Architects and executive leadership to recommend and implement appropriate technology solutions
- Be the expert for Technology Business Services, Infrastructure and Operations, 3rd party vendors, and implementation partners
- Focus initially on the TOGAF domains for application architecture, technology architecture (integration), and security
- Report to the Chief Enterprise Architect as a member of our team of experienced Enterprise Architects
- 10+ years combination of solution, technical, and business architecture experience with 7+ years’ experience leading solution or technical architecture teams at a financial services firm
- Experience with application architectures, middleware architectures, and technology platform architectures (cloud, on-premise, and hybrid)
- Proven track record of success using architecture and automation to adapt to changing needs, and how to shift architecture and development practices to integrate legacy systems with modern architectures
- Previous work on implementing multiple complex enterprise level changes simultaneously, creating standards, and promoting and measuring adoption
- Experience architecting full-stack solutions and building development capabilities on cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Experience integrating on-premise systems with SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
- Experience implementing architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it’s the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER