It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments as we are investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that inspires global growth through strategic solutions and new ideas.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect (Infrastructure) to join our team to promote future global scale. You will help support our firm's diverse departments by building relationships with partners, while consulting and managing a full range of controls with the Technology teams at an enterprise level.
As the Senior Cloud Solutions Architect (Infrastructure), you will play a strategic and technical role responsible for ensuring the Fisher Investments Cloud components including adoption of cloud computing principles. You will oversee adoption of public cloud services and support creation of sustainable/fit for purpose infrastructure architecture in consideration of Fisher Investments standards and information security controls and guidelines.
You will use your broad knowledge of technologies and associated principles allowing you to construct efficient, secure, scalable and resilient technical solutions grounded in end-user and business requirements. As an expert, you will mentor and encourage, while offering guidance to technical teams. You will create industry best practices for deployment and management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment. You will report to the Infrastructure Solutions Architecture Manager.
- Design, engineer and lead the architecture and implementation of cloud solutions with appropriate technologies and capabilities to meet the our requirements
- Understand in-depth the cloud technology trends, the latest new ideas, options and solutions available on how to evolve the capabilities and use within the firm to address the evolving operating model
- Investigate and monitor the current-state cloud usage solutions in use to identify gaps, limitations and come up with the required solutions and remediations
- Implement cloud platform services that are scalable, available, fault-tolerant, with multi-region deployment models
- Lead creation of cloud-focused standards, building blocks and patterns to insure deployed solutions are secure, scalable, and resilient
- Work with other enterprise architects, application architects and security architects to provide a solid and secure IaaS and PaaS platform in Azure
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, appropriate controls and documentation
- Lead and provide expertise on cloud solutions and knowledge transfer and mentoring other team members
- 10+ years experience in IT Infrastructure cross-platform technology areas showing design expertise
- 5+ years building Azure Cloud services with best practices, blueprints, patterns, high-availability and multi-region disaster recovery
- Expertise in leading Azure reference architecture activities like solution designing, proof of concepts, including roadmaps driving the target architecture
- Knowledge in integrating Azure with on-prem services like AD, DNS, Firewalls, and load balancers with proper integration patterns and architectures
- Expertise with Cloud Infrastructure Security, IAM, Networking, Data Security and leveraging the right solutions in these areas is required
- Experience with API integration, automation, configuration management, monitoring, ensuring security and compliance are in all cloud services implementations
- Experience in Agile methodologies, DevOps model and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) processes and to support CI/CD projects is required
- Experience architecting cloud solutions to address industry regulations like PCI, SOX, HIPAA and GDPR
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment - we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER